1.Industry-academia collaboration focusing on business contribution, with keywords of “stability and development, creation and management.”
- By improving levels of research in a stable research environment, levels of research are continually developed.
- We share targets and challenges with companies and tackle the creation of innovation.
- We promote joint research management with a commitment to results, from the build-up of a joint research structure to research progress management.
2.Promotion Platform well-versed in academia-industry collaboration
Management system centering on general creative managers
We proceed with projects with a management structure centering on creative managers (CMs), well-versed in fields such as academics, technologies, markets, business, and research management. We address inviting external human resources, in-house human resource development, and improved research environments, all the while aiming for sustainable development.
Strengthening priority fields
- Organic electronics
- 3D printers
- Printing electronics
Creating new fields
- Medicine-engineering collaboration
- Soft robotics
- 3D interfaces
- Formation of Team Yamagata: Handling inter-Platform relationships
- Yamagata University tackles academia-industry collaboration in the form of concerted efforts through Platform across the university.
- All teachers are organized in the Academic Assembly without barriers of departments and faculties being involved, thereby enabling flexible relocations of teachers in response to restructuring.
- The Open Innovation Platform serves as the point of contact toward building a research & development structure that responds to corporate needs.